Creating a safe learning environment doesn’t happen without proper planning. To help ensure the safety of students, faculty, administrators, and visitors to schools, Tyco put together a list of 10 essential steps to guide the process.
How many of these have you done at your school?
- Establish a security task force.
- Prepare and schedule an annual risk assessment.
- Conduct a thorough risk assessment.
- Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term needs.
- Determine short-term and long-term budget requirements.
- Investigate funding resources.
- Integrate administrators, teachers, parents, local police and students into your planning process.
- Implement strategies for response to identified needs.
- Monitor the implementation and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
- Schedule yearly evaluations to check progress and identify new gaps in the plan.
Get more details here.