Access control systems can be a great way to increase school safety for the following reasons:
1. They allow you to monitor your entire building or campus from a central location
2. You can lock a door or lock down the entire building with the click of a button
3. You can switch from physical keys to access cards
4. Detailed reports give you the who-what-when about your system
5. They can be integrated with video surveillance to increase security
To learn more about these factors, check out this short article.