Awareness of security at all levels of educational institutions is higher than ever. Technology plays an important role in protecting educational facilities and their students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Specific security challenges drive the technologies and other measures that are implemented, and those challenges are evolving – along with the dynamic institutions that security is tasked with protecting.
SourceSecurity.com recently asked a panel of school security experts the following question: What are the security challenges for schools and colleges? Panel members included:
- Robert LaBella, Business Development Manager, Pelco by Schneider Electric
- David Wedel, Vice President of Sales – Americas, Oncam
- John Davies, Managing Director, TDSi
- Chris Mashburn, Vice President, Law Enforcement & Government Affairs, VuTeur
- Bill Hobbs, Senior National Sales Director, 3xLOGIC, Inc.
- Todd Miller, Vice President of Public Safety, Rave Mobile Safety
- Steve Reinharz, Founder and CEO, Robotic Assistance Devices, LLC
- Melissa Stenger, Director of Customer Experience, ISONAS, Inc.
- Mark Borto, Chief Executive Officer, Boon Edam
- Julie Brown, Institutional Market Leader, Johnson Controls, Inc.
Read on to hear what they had to say.