Safe and Sound Schools—founded by PASS steering committee member Michele Gay—recently released its 2018 report on the State of School Safety. To gather the data, an online survey was used to explore perceptions of school safety among four groups:
- Parents of students
- Students (middle school or high school)
This 40-page report shares perspectives and trends noted in the survey, and also includes input from school safety stakeholders, on topics like:
- Perceptions of school safety preparedness
- Opinions of stakeholders on feelings of safety
- Perceptions of safety threats
- Knowledge of school-safety team members
- Opinions about capabilities to improve school security
Ready to get the Guidelines?
The most comprehensive information available on best practices specifically for securing school facilities, vetted extensively by experts across the education, public safety and industry sectors.