The Students, Teachers, and Officers Preventing School Violence Act of 2018 (STOP School Violence Act of 2018) gave the COPS Office authority to provide awards directly to states, units of local government, or Indian tribes to improve security at schools and on school grounds in the jurisdiction of the grantee through evidence-based school safety programs.
Up to $25 million is available through this year’s COPS School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP). SVPP funding will provide up to 75% funding for:
- Coordination with law enforcement
- Training for local law enforcement officers to prevent student violence
- Metal detectors, locks, lighting, and other deterrent measures
- Technology for expedited notification of local law enforcement during an emergency
- Any other measure that the COPS Office determines may provide a significant improvement in security
Learn more here – and apply for this year’s SVPP by July 30, 2018.